Chañaral de Aceituno: The taste of marine life in the company of traditional Chilean fishermen
LIVE MARINE LIFE HAND IN HAND WITH FISHERMEN IN AN AUTHENTIC CULTURAL EXPERIENCE
Chañaral de Aceituno is a little-known and unexplored paradise. Located in the Atacama Region, in the north of Chile, it hides many of the wonders of the local coasts: the fauna. Depending on the season, whales, dolphins, and penguins, among other species, can be seen around the area. Together with the fishing and algae gathering local community, you will be able to learn about the way traditional fishermen live in this unique cultural experience in your trip to Chile.
In Chañaral de Aceituno, we will live an incredible adventure. With local guides we will sail to visit different islands, where you will be able to see whales, dolphins, penguins, sea lions, and diverse birds. We will revive and participate in the traditions of the Changos, a coastal indigenous people, taste the incredible local marine gastronomy, learn what they do with olives and how olive oil is produced and visit the National Park Llanos de Challe.
Enjoy your vacation with Travolution and let this community tourism experience change the way you look at the sea, its ancient inhabitants and dedicated workers.
- Sailing to Chañaral Island
- Sightings of Humboldt penguins, otters, sea birds and bottlenose dolphins.
- Whale watching (December – March).
- Artisanal fishing
- Visit to the village of Carrizalillo
- Participation in algae harvesting
Physical Demand 20%
- Dress Code Light clothing for the day and warm clothing for the night / Windbreaker for sailing / Swimsuit / Trekking shoes / Hat / Sunglasses / Sunscreen / Water bottle (At Travolution we avoid buying plastic bottles and appreciate if you bring a reusable one)
- Included 24/7 assistanceContribution to WINTA or TDLFLocal guide in SpanishPayment by bank transfer or credit cardStandard room w/private bathroomTicketsTransport when mentioned
- Not Included Alcoholic drinksCampingDomestic flightsInterpreter guideMeals not mensionedMeals when mentionedNights in cabins run by local familiesTipTransportation on excursionsTravel insurance
DAY 1 - WELCOME TO CHAÑARAL DE ACEITUNO
DAY 2 - VISIT TO CARRIZALILLO AND OLIVE OIL PRODUCERS
DAY 3 - SAILING AND ALGAE HARVESTING
DAY 4 - END OF THE EXPERIENCE
Chañaral de Aceituno
CHAÑARAL DE ACEITUNO
HISTORY OF THE COVE
Come and enjoy a different experience of sustainable and community-based tourism!
Comentarios sobre este tour.
Travolution.travel @2020 Todos los derechos reservados.